Letter From The Office
May 17, 2020
Dear Family and Friends,
We hope you and your family are in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control protocols are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We keep up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
• For now, wear a mask when you enter the office.
• We kindly request that those accompanying the patient to the appointment wait in the car. If this is not possible however, the companions should wear masks as well.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. In addition, to prevent recontamination of your hands, please refrain from cell phone usage while you’re in the office.
• We will take your temperature using a contactless thermometer after you use the sanitizer.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines since those are difficult to clean and disinfect. We will also limit seating to help accommodate distancing.
• We will still have our coveted treasure chest however, for now, how you pick your “treasures” may be a little different.
• In addition to our standard precautions we have included other means to help ensure the safety of our patients as well as our staff. As the healthcare community continues to navigate the current situation, we have included reception desk plexiglass shields, treatment room air purification units and other measures to maximize your protection.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at 847-358-4090. Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Bob and Tom Angerame
and all the staff